News & Events
Mat-Su Valley Thanksgiving Blessing 2020 is Saturday, November 21st 10am-4pm, at these locations:
To download the Mat-Su Valley flyer, click here
- Church on the Rock
Mile 99 South Parks Highway, Talkeetna
Sponsored by Upper Susitna Food Pantry
- Zip codes: 99676, 99667, 99683, 99688
- Faith Bible Fellowship
14159 W. Hollywood Rd. (Mile 2.5 Big Lake Rd.)
- Zip codes: 99623, 99629, 99652, 99654, 99694
- Real Life Church
10697 E. Palmer Wasilla Hwy., Palmer
(Mile 2 Palmer-Wasilla Hwy.)
Sponsored by Salvation Army — Mat-Su
- Zip codes: 99645, 99654, 99674
- Wasilla Bible Church
1651 West Nicola Avenue
- Zip codes: 99623, 99629, 99654, 99687
- Willow United Methodist Church
Mile 67.5 Parks Hwy., Willow
- Zip codes: 99688, 99694
Anchorage Thanksgiving Blessing 2020 is Monday, November 23rd 2-7pm, at these locations:
To download the Anchorage flyer, click here
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
1311 Brayton Dr.
- Zip codes: 99507, 99511, 99515, 99516, 99518, 99523, 99540, 99587
- New Season Community Development Inc. (New Location)
639 W. International Airport Rd. #24
- Zip codes: 99502, 99507, 99517, 99519
- Central Lutheran Church
Cordova and 15th
- Zip codes: 99501, 99503, 99510, 99512, 99513, 99520, 99524
- St. Patrick’s Parish
2111 Muldoon Rd.
- Zip codes: 99504, 99509, 99521
- Joy Lutheran Church — Eagle River
10111 E. Eagle River Loop Rd.
- Zip codes: 99505, 99506, 99567, 99577
- Tikahtnu Commons (Mt. View Location Change)
1074 N. Muldoon Rd. (Old Sam’s Club Parking Lot)
*Note: Special hours 12 pm – 8 pm
- Zip codes: 99508, 99514
Each turkey costs approximately $15. A full meal for a family is about $40. Consider sponsoring a fund drive to raise dollars toward the purchase of Thanksgiving groceries. You can give online or mail a gift to Food Bank of Alaska, 2121 Spar Ave., Anchorage, AK 99501.
- To make a donation to an Anchorage Blessing site, click here.
- To make a donation to a Mat-Su Valley Blessing site, click here.
Every gift means food for someone who would have gone without.
Opportunities to Volunteer (Coming Soon)
Please check back after November 2nd to volunteer at any of the sponsoring locations. This year, Food Bank of Alaska will be running the Mt. View site at a new location- the old Sam’s Club in the Tikahtnu Commons. We’ll be looking for volunteers and volunteer groups to assist between 11:00am-9:00pm.