Share Your Story
Stories are a powerful tool in fighting hunger!
Food Bank of Alaska wants to hear why you care about hunger, whether you are a volunteer, donor, advocate or someone who has experienced hunger first-hand. If you’re not sure what to write about, you could tell us about your experience with any of the following:
- Using emergency food or food assistance (including food pantries, SNAP/food stamps, summer meal program, etc.)
- A time when food assistance helped you get back on your feet
- Losing your job in this tough economy
- Having trouble making ends meet or having to choose between food and rent, medical bills, or other expenses
- Difficulty accessing food or services where you live
- Living on a fixed income
- A memorable experience you had as a Food Bank of Alaska advocate or volunteer
- The reason you donate to Food Bank of Alaska
If you have any questions or would prefer to tell your story to someone, please contact Cara Durr, Director of Public Engagement, at 907-222-3113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.